Staybull Insurance provides both non-owners and regular SR22 insurance in Broward County. We are an independent insurance agency that has contracts with most of the major companies in Florida that offer SR22 insurance. This allows us to find some of the best rates on the market. When you request a quote from us we will check multiple companies to find you the best rate. We write SR22 insurance with many major insurance companies like Progressive, Infinity, Gainsco, Foremost, Dairyland, and others. Our staff is specifically trained to handle SR22 policies and can answer any questions you have. Staybull agents strive to make this process as easy as possible for you. We utilize the latest technology so you can get a quote and purchase your insurance from any computer or smartphone. If you have any questions about your SR22 insurance feel free to give us a call. If you would like to request a quote follow the link below.
Broward County SR22 Requirements
- The State of Florida will require liability limits of 10/20/10. This is $10,000 per person for bodily injury, $20,000 per accident, and $10,000 in property damage coverage.
- In most cases the SR22 is required for three years. It is important to ask your local DMV how long your SR22 is required. If you were required to carry the SR22 a year ago you might only need it for two more years. Your local DMV should be able to give you an exact time frame and advise you of when the SR22 will no longer be required.
- In most cases you will be able to make monthly payments; however, in some cases the State of Florida will require a non-cancelable SR22 that needs to be paid in full.
- Your new insurance company will need to file the SR22 electronically to the State of Florida after you purchase your policy. You will also be provided with a copy of the SR22 certificate. If you need to get your driver license reinstated immediately we can also fax a copy of the SR22 to your local DMV.
How much does SR22 cost in Broward county?
Insurance rates vary greatly from person to person and it is hard to determine a rate without requesting a quote. Some factors that determine your insurance rate include your age, driving record, location, and claims history. Insurance rates in Broward county can get expensive due to the large population in the area. When a particular area has a high population accident rates are typically higher because of increased traffic congestion. Ask your agent if there is anything you can do to reduce the rate of your SR22 insurance. Some things you can do to reduce the rate include:
- Adding a deductible to your personal injury protection
- Rejecting comprehensive and collision coverage if you do not have a loan on your vehicle
- Make sure you opt into a paperless discount if available
- Ask your agent to double-check your policy and make sure you are getting all the discounts you are eligible for
What if you do not have a vehicle?
If you do not have a vehicle but the SR22 is required then you might need a non-owners SR22. Named non-owner policies will fulfill the State of Florida’s SR22 requirement for individuals that do not have a vehicle. Non-owner policies provide both bodily injury and property damage coverage while you are operating another person’s vehicle. This type of policy does not provide coverage for any vehicle you own or regularly operate. If you own a vehicle or have a vehicle registered you would not be eligible for a named non-owner policy. It is important to understand that named non-owner policies also do not provide any physical damage coverage for the vehicle you are driving. The owner of the vehicle should also have insurance that provides additional coverages not covered by a named non-owner policy. Most named non-owner policies do not provide any personal injury protection or medical payments coverage. You can add uninsured motorist coverage to a named non-owner policy for an additional premium. If you would like a quote for a named non-owner SR22 policy follow the link below. If you have any questions about this type of policy please give us a call.